We are writing to remind you of the deadline for entries to the 2011 Toronto Symphony Orchestra National Piano Competition. The deadline is FEBRUARY 18, 2011. The Competition will take place on May 27, 28 and 29, 2011 in Toronto at The Royal Conservatory.
ENTRY RULES AND PROCEDURE
- Deadline: Applications must be postmarked no later than February 18, 2011. No exceptions.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants between the ages of 16 and 25 as of May 27, 2011.
- Excellence in performance is required at or above the ARCT level.
- All selections must be performed from memory.
- Applicants must be willing to be contacted by the competition publicist.
Entry fees are non-refundable except in the case of illness or
accident. Medical certificate required.Previous first-prize winners of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra
National Piano Competition are not eligible to compete. Competitors must make arrangements for their accompanists and are responsible for their costs. Local accompanists will be available upon request.
Competitors are responsible for their travel costs and must arrange their own accommodation. A list of local hotels and university residences will be provided.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their entry by the end of March 2011. Successful applicants will be notified two weeks before the competition as to date and time of performance.