Here are some Music advocacy shorts to jump start your New Year.
From the AMC website – Research Briefs: Did you Know?
- Middle school and high school students who participated in instrumental music scored significantly higher than their non-band peers in standardized tests.
- Students who were exposed to the music-based lessons scored a full 100 percent higher on fractions tests than those who learned in the conventional manner.
- Music majors are the most likely group of college grads to be admitted to medical school.
- A McGill University study found that pattern recognition and mental representation scores improved significantly for students given piano instruction over a three-year period.
- High school music students score higher on SATs in both verbal and math than their peers.